Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

300 steps

After my culinary adventures yesterday, I wanted just a little something for breakfast:


Vanilla Chobani yogurt with Chai tea.



I sprinkled some muesli on top of the yogurt for some nice crunch.





I am really liking the nice savory spice of Chai tea in the morning.




One of our destinations on the road trip yesterday was the Point Reyes Lighthouse.

If you are afraid of heights (like I am) this is an intimidating place to visit.


300 steps.

See that teeny tiny building in the distance? That is the lighthouse and you have to descend (and later ascend) 300 steps to reach it.

Nope, that was definitely not happening for me. 

But my brother-in-law was nice enough to take pictures when he and my brother bravely faced the intimidating stairway.

So most of the photos in this post (other than the ones of my breakfast) are courtesy of my brother-in-law.

He did take some gorgeous scenic shots:






And some really interesting pictures of the mechanisms in the lighthouse - something I never would have thought to take pictures of.


The gears that turn the light.




The foghorn.


The way back up.

I am about to head to the store to pick up a new usb cable - so stay tuned for more pictures of the big trip!

0 comments:

Post a Comment