Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Spicy peanut noodles

Spicy peanut noodles.
This morning I wanted peanut butter and honey on toast. Unfortunately, the baguettes I made two days ago have already hardened up like cement. 

I feel a crouton recipe coming soon...

While I recovered from my crushing disappointment, I stood in my usual spot in front of the open cupboard and stared. 


The less you concentrate and stare with a kind of unfocused stupor (the kind that is only brought about by being in a pre-caffeinated state) - the more creative you will get.

At least that is what I tell myself.

No recipe for this because it is a really basic peanut sauce and you should tweak it any way you want. 

I also steamed up some broccoli and asparagus to go with the noodles.



I will tell you what I put in my sauce this morning:

- soy sauce
- peanut butter
- sesame oil
- water
- brown sugar
- chili paste
- ginger
- white vinegar

The whole key to the sauce is knowing what spice level you want and the level of sweet or savory you desire.

I make mine heavy on the soy sauce and lighter on the sweet.




 Happy Tuesday everyone!!

5 comments:

  1. I would have to say that I love peanut butter in all things and that includes savory dishes. This sounds really good and super easy....maybe I can get the boys to eat it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noodles are one of my favorite foods, and I like the very simple, a peanut sauce and some veggies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spicy peanut noodles do sound like a delicious change of pace. Another little ingredients, big flavor recipe-well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum, I really need to try making this sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy snikeys this one is amazing. I have never tried anything like this. Such a lovely mouth watering recipe. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete