Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Chicken Tzatziki Salad

Chicken Tzatziki Salad with goat milk yogurt.
Last week I bought a large tub of goat milk yogurt. While I love the stuff I just don't normally eat yogurt straight out of the container so I still had most of the tub left.

I was using it as a vehicle for my Udo's oil and green powder but that was making a very small dent. 

So yesterday I noticed the lemon cucumbers (pictures of those coming tomorrow) that my neighbor gave me needed to be used up - enter chicken tzatziki salad.


I added enough yogurt so that there was plenty of extra creamy goodness to coat the lettuce.


The key to this recipe is to make the yogurt/lemon/cucumber mixture ahead of time so that the flavors have time to develop while it hangs out in the fridge.

Chicken Tzatziki Salad

Serves 2

Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
4 cups of spring salad mix 
1 cup of goat milk yogurt
1 lemon cucumber, chopped
1 tbsp of lemon juice
1 shallot, minced
1/2 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley
1 clove of garlic, minced
black pepper to taste
1 pinch of salt
1 small sweet red pepper, chopped

Instructions:

Combine the yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, shallot, parsley, garlic, black pepper and salt in a bowl. Mix well, cover and store in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

Just before eating, take the tzatziki mix out of the refrigerator. Chop the chicken into bite size pieces. Dice the sweet red pepper. Add the chicken and sweet red pepper to the tzatziki mix.

Add 2 cups of salad mix into each bowl and top each with 1/2 of the tzatziki mixture.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever tried this type of yogurt- now I"m intrigued!

    ReplyDelete