Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Once More With Feeling

Trying this blogging thing one more time. Hopefully this time I will be more disciplined about posting.

I made some bean/rice cakes for breakfast. I started off with a few key ingredients.
Firm tofu, refried beans, rice, basil, garlic powder,  and sage. Oops, I forgot to add the cooked brown rice in that picture but you get the idea. And the spice jar that I thoughtfully obscured from view is the powdered garlic :-)

I mushed everything together and in the end came up with this.
 I put a bit of extra salsa on top. I used one that has a smoky flavor (my preference) but any old salsa would do. I added some orange slices which were an amazing shade of red/orange. The version I made yesterday turned out better - but alas no photos of that - which included an egg and panko breadcrumbs - the flavor and texture was much better with that version.

The dogs were out of luck with this meal since my beasts + beans is a very bad and odoriferous combination.:-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment